Monday, March 8, 2010

2 Weeks of Sick

We are on the end of a 2 week bout with some bug that has left me exhausted, and a little delirious. Even though I was spared the illness myself. (Actually, I think I got jipped... I was never afforded a relaxing day in bed being catered to while catching every HGTV show and 7th Heaven rerun possible.) Taking care of my sick boys, husband included, took a lot of energy. Surprisingly even more difficult, though, was just getting totally out of our rhythm. We are not stuck to a strict schedule, but there is a general rhythm to most of our days. Now that we are struggling to get back to normal, everything has been altered a bit... or a lot. Naps, meal times, activities, everything has changed somehow and now I am on a mission to return to normal life.

As far as the delirious part, I think all this mucous has affected my brain rather than infecting my body. I now treasure what I call "Snotty Booger kisses". I treasure them because kisses mean people feel better. I don't seem to mind the slimy connection I have to the kisser long after the child has ceased kissing me. But if my "Booger Song" gets out, my status as an adult might be in danger.

Yes, being sick really makes you appreciate being well all the more. But even an abundance of body fluids and excretion doesn't cause me one longing for my single life. It is all worth it!

1 comment: