Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do It NOW!

This is for all of my co-procrastinators: If you see that something needs to be done, and you have already noticed this something a dozen times in the last 6 months, and you are beginning to have the same thought again, "Oh, that really needs to be done, but I'll remember to do it the next time...."

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND DO IT RIGHT NOW!

Case in point: I have seen my cold air return vents collecting dust over the past few weeks. Usually, I make a mental note to make sure I get that vacuumed the next time I am cleaning the living room. But, the next time I'm cleaning I'm not looking at the return vents and the thought doesn't even enter my mind. Today, I overcame my procrastinating tendency. I began to think, "Oh, I definitely should clean that the next time I, NO! I'll just do it right now." I took out the vacuum and captured the dust and fur monsters clinging to life on my vent slats. Victory! I am the champion over the temptation to do what I usually do.

Of course, I returned the dirty brush attachment back to the vacuum storage compartment, knowing I should have cleaned it first. Oh, I'll do that the next time I vacuum. :-)

4 comments:

  1. You just made me want to call my neighbor in Phx & have her change my air vents... Good job for not procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment first, before Human 458 did, but I procrastinated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that last comment was really from a really astute and hip guy who runs a website at
    http://saintthomasmore.wordpress.com/
    called "The bencher's blog" and not by Christa. For some reason, the aforementioned guy was logged on as Christa when he posted the comment, as he still is now. I promise my next comment will be by me, not Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa!!!! You didn't tell me you started bloggin! Congrats on taking the dive into blog world & I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete